We host a major online conference and facilitate workshops, collaborations, and other informal and formal mechanisms to help build ties between researchers from different cultural, disciplinary, and geographic backgrounds.
- Second international Platform Governance Research Network Conference (Online), April 2023
- The first international Platform Governance Research Network Conference (Online), March 2021
- `Theorizing Platform Content Moderation,’ organized at the Manchester Centre for Political Theory (Manchester), September 2023.
- ‘Radical Approaches to Platform Governance,’ hosted by the UCD Centre for Digital Policy (Dublin), November 2022
- ‘Against Platform Determinism Redux,’ hosted by the Centre for Media, Technology, and Democracy at McGill University (Montreal), March 2021
- ‘Against Platform Determinism,’ hosted by Data + Society (New York), January 2021
- ‘Empirical Approaches in Platform Governance Research,’ hosted by the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (Berlin), June 2020
- Conversations on Empirical Platform Governance Research, Bremen/Groningen/online (2023—)
- WZB Platform Politics and Policy Seminar Series, Berlin/online (2022—)